Amalgamation of ancient vedic science and modern sports science.
The Yoga Sports Science Teacher Training Course (YSSTTC) provides you with cutting-edge knowledge of ancient science and modern sports science uniting together for greater depth of knowledge, with practical and theory classes, ensuring that you fully understand and absorb the information you learn.
Perfect for Yoga practitioners, physical therapists, personal trainers, massage therapists, strength and conditioning coaches, yoga teachers, dance teachers, athletes, or anyone looking to expand and enhance sports and yoga knowledge.
The Level 1, 2 and 3 Courses provide you with a solid foundation, upon which you will build your unique teaching voice, learning sports-specific practices, injury prevention and innovative sequencing skills to get the most from your students.
You will gain a great basis in anatomy, biomechanics, neuroscience, alongside the traditional yogic theory and philosophy.
What Can You Expect From Your Course?
- A practical hands-on approach and apprenticeship of practical sessions
- Teaching practicum with personal coaching
- Learning more than 1,000 asana variations
- Learning techniques of modulation, of verbalising teaching skills and instructions, public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Learning of Yogic vocabulary and Sanskrit pronunciations
- Group discussions on theories and practical techniques, with guidance
- Correction, precision adjustment and alignment techniques
- MYSA’s Karma Yoga Project and community service activities
- Teaching assignments
- Research and Development
- Involvement with Yoga-related projects
- Networking in the biggest health industry in the world, with Asian countries, and all other continents
- Learning from the well-versed Masters and Gurus who are having great, in-depth knowledge of various sciences related in the practice of Yoga, and from the best certified Master Trainers
- Learn how yoga can be used in prevention and treatment of injury
- Learn how yoga can be used to enhance other sports and improve mental function
- Understand the sequencing of asanas, and how to build and effective class
- Understand muscle and joint function
- Gain a basic working knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics and neuroscience
- Learn precisely about the science of breathing (Swara Yoga) and its breathing techniques (Pranayama)
- Understand how traditional yoga as well as modern-day yoga sports science
- Develop your own teaching voice and learn the art of teaching yoga to others
Why Choose MYSA?
MYSA is an Internationally recognised, affiliated and sanctioned comprehensive International Yoga Teaching Training Certification Course, that has nurtured hundreds of graduates all over the world. You can rest assured of full continued support by MYSA experts for your continued growth in teaching excellence.
- Registered under Sports Commission (Ministry of Youth and Sports)
- MOU partnership with National Coaching Academy (AKK), under National Sports Institute (ISN) and National Sports Council (MSN)
- Supported by Ministry of Education, Department of Co-Curriculum and Arts
- Supported by Ministry of Health
At MYSA, we believe in right dissemination of knowledge and our method of teaching has always been Gurukula Vaasa, the heritage of knowledge blossoming from lineage teaching. Yoga is a very dangerous form and art of practice and teaching, because it involves the entire systems of the human mind, body and spirit. We will teach you to discover your own inherent energy and share your skills. We will reveal to you the secrets behind this ancient practice. We believe strongly that Yoga Sports will be the revolutionary Yoga Movement in Malaysia, as it is now gaining popularity especially from the grassroot levels at schools.
Course Objectives & Content:
Our training supports students in deepening their understanding and relationship to the practice by studying the basic ingredients: breath, bandhas and dristi. With revolutionary methods to make the practice accessible and appropriate, our approach is modern, therapeutic, challenging, supportive and steeped in tradition. Our Yoga Sports Science Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to make you a confident and effective Yoga Teacher – for all levels of students.
The purpose of this program is to provide a supportive environment in which students begin to connect with their inner teacher, internal wisdom and inner authentic voice. Through pranayama, asana practice, mind-body journaling, group conversation, reading and guided meditation, students will practice the essential process of conscious listening to your own higher self.
The training is designed to provide participants with a solid foundation of knowledge and information with which you can confidently and effectively facilitate a yoga sports class for beginners. The training includes the opportunity to learn different routines based on the Yoga tradition. The routines range in skill level from the basic beginner to the most advanced.
We will share our expertise about marketing, pricing, teaching group or private classes, and setting up your own yoga school/studio with its correct geometrical directions.
We intend to support each student as they develop, deepen, appreciate and expand their understanding of their true authentic self. Through basic study of philosophy, personal alignment, modifications of classical poses, pranayama practices, and individual instruction, this intimate training is sure to be a life enhancing experience ever keeping the ancient secrets enshrined.
Most important, the Yoga teacher training system is designed to help you find your own unique ‘yoga voice’ and help you to learn to teach from it. After we have taught students the basics and helped students to find their own yoga voice, the last part of the program will offer practical experience training students to lead yoga groups. You will leave our program a yoga teacher, ready and certified to teach yoga worldwide.
YSSTTC is a 3 level comprehensive course divided into:
- Philosophy & Brief History of Yoga
- Asanas / Yoga Postures
- Svara Yoga (Pranayama) / Breathing Techniques
- Shatkarma / Cleansing Techniques
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Concentration / Meditation Techniques
- Siddha Vaidyam
- Teaching Skills & Management of Yoga Classes
- You may complete your course in a range of timescales:
- Intensive Full time
- Relaxed Study Part time
*Special Extended Period* LIMITED TIME ONLY:
If you register and begin your course before 30th November 2018, you will be entitled to our very special reduced fee:
Level 1: Foundation, 150 hours – RM3,310
Level 2: Intermediate, 150 hours – RM3,490 (Pre-requisite: Level 1 or equivalent recognised 150-200 hour teacher training programme)
Level 3: Advanced, 200 hours – RM3,900 (Pre-requisite: Level 1 & 2 or equivalent recognised 300 hour teacher training programme)
(Level 1, 2 & 3; 500 hours: RM10,700)
If you join for Level 1, 2, and 3 together, receive an ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT of RM320 , paying just RM10,380
We also offer Level 4: Super Advanced Grand Master Course, 500 hours – RM5,600 (Pre-requisite: Level 1, 2 & 3)
We at MYSA believe that yoga sports science will be the revolutionary methodology which will replace the old obsolete teaching method which is less informative. Today’s highly demanding society is welcoming changes for a better and stable future for the challenges ahead. With the right dissemination of knowledge in the right way, and in the right direction, giving rise to great possibilities for opportunities and making Yoga Sports the revolutionary Yoga movement in Malaysia and the World, Yoga Sports is now being taught to children in schools, and will soon be taught in all schools and higher education centres around the world and in the corporate world.
Mahaguru Dr. Ds. Lingham Pillai
Dr. Ds. Lingham Pillai, is a Spiritual Master, Yoga Acharya, Siddhanta Yoga practitioner cum marma expert. He holds a LL.B (UK) and Doctorate in Siddha Medicine and has over 30 years’ experience in many areas, including Classical Indian Music and Dance, Modern dance, Cuban salsa, and Yoga Sports. He has been teaching Yoga for over 36 years and has his roots in Saiva Siddhanta Yoga and teaches a wide range of styles, including Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Vinyasa Kramam, Kundalini Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Swara Yoga & Pranayama, Naada Yoga (Sound, Mantra & Music) and Meditation. The system he teaches is an integrated method for optimal progress in each student’s yoga journey. Recognising that the breath of yoga was the missing link in athletic training and related forms, Dr. Ds. Lingham Pillai bridged the gap between yoga and sports. His knowledge covers Applied Science in Anatomy of yoga, exercise and movement. Conducting workshops around the globe teaching core curriculum and covering continuing education musculoskeletal anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, body mechanics, basic and advance stretching, joint mobilisation, muscle palpation, joint motion palpation, musculoskeletal pathologic conditions, Myofascial Trigger Points (TrP) and hands on treatment yogic techniques, he has developed the Yoga Sports Science Coaching Course, creating a unique and deep understanding of physio-dynamics and bio-mechanics of yoga movement towards a professional progressive training system where yoga meets science.
Dr.Ds.Lingham Pillai is the President of Malaysian Yoga Sports Association and the Malaysian Yoga Federation International Association, Senior Vice President of Asian Yoga Federation, President of S.E.A (South East Asia) Yoga Confederation, Founder of Asian Institute of Yoga Sports Science and Secretary to Malaysia for International Yoga Federation and Convener for Asian Yoga Teacher Diploma.
Over the past five years, he has produced 64 Yoga Sports Athletes for the National Team, bringing back 63 medals for Malaysia at International Championships.
In recognition of his knowledge, experience, and unmatched achievements, he was conferred the title “Mahaguru” by Ministry of Youth and Sports.