Learn how to understand and apply our yoga sports science techniques with traditional and scientific approach to improve your own needs in having a clear view of physio-dynamics and biomechanics of yoga postures and its related principles.
This Level 2 Intermediate Course is designed to help you:
- Develop your practical working knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Understand the purpose and function of various bodily systems, including the respiratory, musculoskeletal and other biological demands in Yoga Sports.
- Learn how Yoga Sports techniques and combinations help to reduce injury and manage pain, with a scientific approach.
- Deepen your knowledge in the Science of Breathing (Pranayama) and design your own performance breathing strategy by having clear understanding of the breathing techniques.
- Enhance your understanding of Biomechanics and postural analysis skills.
- Advance your knowledge in the Science of Sequencing (Vinyasa Kramam) to be able to identify suitable training plans up to intermediate level.
- Learn the basics of effective teaching, adjusting and communicating in Yoga Sports.
- Enhance your own teaching and presentation skills.
- Understand why the future of Yoga Sports must be more scientific and evidenced based.
Duration of Course:
4 months / 150 hours
This is a Level 2 Yoga Sport Science 150-Hour Course. It includes two course assignments, face-to-face tutoring, teaching apprenticeship and practise, final examination and interactive group sessions with Mahaguru Dr. Ds. Lingham Pillai, founder & President of Malaysian Yoga Sports Association, and senior members of the Yoga Sports Science teaching team. You will have already completed the Level 1 Yoga Sports Science 150-Hour Course.
Certificate of Completion:
Successfully passing this course gives you a Level 2 Yoga Sports Science 150 Hour certificate of completion. You may use the hours in this training to go towards Continuing Educational Units for the licensee program. Upon completion of this 150-hour Level 2 intermediate course, you will be eligible to apply for the next Yoga Sports Science 200-Hour Level 3 (advanced level) to develop your skills.
Successfully passing this course will qualify you as a Level 2 Yoga Sports Science Teacher. You will be entitled to work with intermediate level students in private studios, gyms, private classes, fitness centres as well as teach children in Private and National Schools. You will also have the opportunity to continue your learning through apprenticeship as well as access to ongoing continuing educational training courses and workshops.
150 Hours Level 1 Yoga Sports Science Teacher Training Course: Beginners certificate is required. As this is the only course of its kind that teaches Yoga Sports, and how to apply the science of yoga alongside the traditional methodology, you will be covering material that is not available in other yoga teacher training courses. Therefore, if you already hold a Yoga teacher training certification or qualification, including those from Yoga Alliance, you will still need to hold the Level 1 Yoga Sports Science certification in order to gain this certification.
RM 3,490 / USD860
There is a possibility to split the payment of this course. This requires a 40% deposit (RM1,396) to be paid in advance of the start of your course. The remaining RM2,094 can be split into three consecutive monthly payments of RM698, with the full balance being paid before sitting for the final exam.
You must apply online or in person at Lingham Yoga Centrum. You will be asked to attend an interview with Guruji, or another senior member of the Yoga Sports Science teaching team. Please be aware that not everyone that applies will be successful.
Course Start Date:
Courses ongoing. Please contact us for more information.
We work with small groups of students to give you the best possible individual support and the highest level of teaching. Spaces are limited so apply now.
Lingham Yoga Centrum, Sports Arena Sentosa, Jalan Seri Sentosa 2A, Taman Seri Sentosa, 58000, Wilayah Persekutuan, KL