Learn how to understand and apply our yoga sports science techniques with traditional and scientific approach to improve your own needs in having a clear view of physio-dynamics and biomechanics of yoga postures and its related principles.
This Level 1 Foundation course is designed to help you:
- Discover the science to successfully applying Yoga Sports.
- Understand the art of relaxation as restorative training.
- Learn how yoga sports science can be used to enhance athletic performance and prevent injury.
- Learn about the modern day science of yoga and how to apply the benefits to your yoga sports training.
- Learn about the Science of Breathing (Pranayama) and design your own performance breathing strategy by having clear understanding of the breathing techniques.
- Use our functional yoga techniques and circuits to understand core conditioning and core strength building.
- Learn the basics of Biomechanics of Yogasana and apply this to assess the fitness of your yoga students.
- Understand about the Art and Science of Sequencing (Vinyasa Kramam) to help you design a training plan for your students individual and group requirements.
Duration of Course:
6 months / 200 hours
This is a Level 1 Yoga Sport Science 200-Hour Course. It includes two course assignments, face-to-face tutoring, teaching apprenticeship and practise, final examination and interactive group sessions with Mahaguru Dr. Ds. Lingham Pillai, founder & President of Malaysian Yoga Sports Association, and senior members of the Yoga Sports Science teaching team.
Certificate of Completion:
Successfully passing this course gives you a Level 1 Yoga Sports Science 200 Hour certificate of completion. You may use the hours in this training to go towards Continuing Educational Units for the Yoga Sports Science Teacher Licensee Program. Upon completion of this 200-hour Level 1 beginners course, you will be eligible to apply for the next Yoga Sports Science 300-Hour Level 2 (intermediate level) to advance your skills.
Successfully passing this course will qualify you as a Level 1 Yoga Sports Science Teacher. You will be entitled to work with beginner level students in private studios, gyms, private classes, fitness centres as well as teach children in Private and National Schools. You will also have the opportunity to continue your learning through apprenticeship as well as access to ongoing continuing educational training courses and workshops.
As this is a foundation level course, there is no pre-requisite or existing knowledge required.
There is a possibility to split the payment of this course. This requires a 40% deposit (RM1,760) to be paid in advance of the start of your course. The remaining RM2,640 can be split into five consecutive monthly payments of ,RM528 with the full balance being paid before sitting for the final exam.
You must apply online or in person at Lingham Yoga Centrum. You will be asked to attend an interview with Guruji, or another senior member of the Yoga Sports Science teaching team. Please be aware that not everyone that applies will be successful.
Course Start Date:
We work with small groups of students to give you the best possible individual support and the highest level of teaching. Spaces are limited so apply now.
The next intake for the 200 Hours Yoga Sports Science Teacher Training Course will be on 19th January 2019, and we are currently taking applications for this course.
The course will be held from 19th January 2019 – 28th April 2019, on the dates specified below:
- Saturday 19th January – Sunday 20th January
- Saturday 2nd February – Sunday 3rd February
- Saturday 16th February – Sunday 17th February
- Saturday 2nd March – Sunday 3rd March
- Saturday 16th March – Sunday 17th March
- Saturday 30th March – Sunday 31st March
- Saturday 13th April – Sunday 14th April
- Saturday 27th April – Sunday 28th April
After completion of the course, you will be required to sit an examination, before graduating the Yoga Sports Science Teacher Training course. You will then be required to sit for the next Yoga Teacher License Level 1 Course, taking place on Friday 3rd May – Sunday 5th May 2019, giving you the opportunity to become a fully licensed Yoga Teacher as part of the National Coaching License Scheme with Institut Sukan Negara and Akademi Kejurulatihan Kebangsaan.
Lingham Yoga Centrum, Sports Arena Sentosa, Jalan Seri Sentosa 2A, Taman Seri Sentosa, 58000, Wilayah Persekutuan, KL